Check out these sentimental quotes about friendship. Let’s find out what historical famous figures have to say about friendship.
Although these images are optimized for Pinterest, you can turn it into a decent looking card or poster by printing it out with a color printer.
Don’t forget to check out our best friend gift guides if you’re looking for a gift for your bestie:-
1. Irish Friendship Quote Proverb “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.”
Finding a four-leaf clover is believed to bring luck, but four-leaf clover is very rare. This Irish proverb compares a good friend to a four-leaf clover — both are very rare and difficult to find, and you are very lucky to have one.
2. Muhammad Ali Friendship Quote “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
Muhammad Ali, legendary boxer, says that friendship is the most difficult thing in the world to explain. You can’t learn friendship through a school curriculum (as in there are no fixed, rigid rules to friendship). Yet you’re missing an important aspect of life if you haven’t learned the true meaning of friendship.
3. William Shakespeare Friendship Quote “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”
William Shakespeare’s definition of a friend. Shakespeare said that a friend is someone who takes an interest in you — in knowing who and where you are, and accepting what you are and what you will become.
4. Aristotle Friendship Quote “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit.”
This Aristotle quote says that it’s easy to make new friends, but true friendship takes a long time to ripe. This is very true, as new friends often end up being mere acquaintances.
5. Shrek Friendship Quote “Only a true friend would be that truly honest.”
Shrek (from Shrek the animated film) said that only a true friend would be willing to tell you harsh truth even if it risks jeopardizing your friendship. This is because a true friend will ultimately want the best for you.
This doesn’t mean that a lesser friend or someone who is not your friend will necessarily lie to you. It simply means that when it comes to thorny subjects, a true friend will be more likely to tell you what you need to know and not what you want to know.
6. Albert Camus Friendship Quote “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend”
This quote can be interpreted in many ways. The way I interpret it is as followed. A friend is someone who is not burdensome to you and is not burdened by you. A friend should be an equal.
7. H. Jackson Brown Jr. Friendship Quote “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends”
This quote reminds us the preciousness of an friend. Among antiques, none is more valuable than old friends.
8. Socrates Friendship Quote “Be slow to fall into friendship but when you are in, continue firm and constant”.
There are two parts to this Socrates saying. The first part urges you to take precaution with new friends, since a stranger can be dangerous or has a personality that you can’t stand. Once you have gone through the initial phase, the “interview” phase basically, the second part of the advice kicks. The second part of the quote encourages you to take effort to maintain and deepen your friendship as time goes by.