It has been a decade since I got my college diploma. The memory is growing fuzzy but I vividly remember the time leading to and after college graduation. It is a pivotal moment for fresh graduates. As they celebrate years of hard work and their achievements in college, fresh graduates are faced with the burden of finding a job and, for some of us, student loan.
Some of the fresh graduates will staying for Master’s degree or perhaps a PhD. Most of them will start a career, hopefully in a field that is both lucrative and interesting to them.
Help fresh college graduates to come out from this life defining moment stronger and more driven than ever with some meaningful quotes that will help inspire them. Aside from being inspirational, you can use these quote to decorate your graduation cap too, check out these graduation cap decoration ideas.
By the way, if you enjoy words of wisdom, you will love the list high school graduation quotes (more than 100 quotes!) that we have collected for fresh graduates. So be sure to check that out too.
College Graduation Quotes
1. It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure. — Ernie Harwell
2. To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, not only dream, but also believe. — Anatole France
3. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. — Henry David Thoreau
4. Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated; you can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps. — David Lloyd George
5. Graduation is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you’ll make a difference. — Arie Pencovici
6. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go. — Dr. Seuss
7. The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder. — Ralph W. Sockman
8. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice, heart and intuition. — Steve Jobs
9. All our dreams can come true…if we have the courage to pursue them. — Walt Disney
10. Commencement speeches were invented largely in the belief that outgoing college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated. — Garry Trudeau