Keep the conversation going by strategically asking your crush these questions. In this article, you’ll find open-ended questions to ask you crush that will help you learn more about them and, hopefully, get your crush to become interested in you.
|Table of Contents|
There comes a time when we feel fancy for someone and just can’t shrug it off. It makes you blush, makes you want to stare more. That’s what a crush does to you.
Like anyone else, we get curious and would want to know more. Be resourceful, do your research. Don’t overthink, just let it come out naturally!
Not to worry though, below are some questions to kick start your conversation. Of course, you don’t deliver them one after the other. You don’t want to sound like some undercover agent trying to squeeze the information out of your crush, right?
General topics to talk to him about.
- If you could change one thing about yourself right now, what would it be? Accept him for who is, not how you want him to be.
- If you’ll be given a chance to live anywhere, where would you choose and why? Helps you see through your crush, his dreams and all.
- Hey, how’s it going? Most commonly used, but always works like a charm, serves as an intro for your next set of questions.
- What type of t.v shows and movies do you like to watch? Be responsive, show interest.
- What music genre do you usually listen to? Connect through music, you’ll have an insight into his personality.
- What’s your first impression of me? It gives you the opportunity to explain yourself and let him see how likable you are.
- What’s your stand on kissing in public? The question says it all- should you do it or not?
- Can we hang out sometime? One of the classics, use your convincing powers and have a few rebuttals ready in case your crush gets the jitters.
- What’s your idea of a first date? Share thoughts, connect, be in the moment. It’ll do you wonders.
- What do you want to be in the future? Knowing his ambitions and being supportive gives a feeling that you’re there through thick and thin.
Let’s get personal but with respect. These questions are the best way for the two of you to gain insights into each other’s private life.
- What is the worst thing you’ve done that you still regret? – This reveals how vulnerable your crush is. Be a good listener.
- How many siblings do you have? It’s a good start to get to know his family and get close to them too.
- What are your hobbies and interests? Gives an in-depth understanding of your common interests.
- What are 3 of your current priorities? Set your expectations and know where to stand.
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words? – It gives you an idea of how your crush sees himself. You might just be surprised at how he responds and you’ll now know where to hit him!
- What do you think is your greatest asset? A chance to boost your crush’s confidence.
- What qualities do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend? Know if you have what it takes.
- How do you know if you like someone? These verbal clues would aid you in paving your way to his heart.
- What is that one thing you really wanted to have as a child, but you’re not able to get? Get in touch with your crush’s inner child, surprise him.
- What do you do when you’re feeling low? Warm him up with emotional support.
Why so serious? Have fun with your crush. Talk about things that are fun and cute.
- What kind of pet do you have/would you like to have? Pets are always a good excuse to get closer to someone.
- Do you know how to cook? What’s your favorite cuisine? They say the stomach is the best way to a man’s heart.
- Do you play games? Not every girl could appreciate it. Lay out the “If you can’t beat them, join them” card.
- What do you do for fun? Plan some bonding moments. Find out what your crush does to unwind or just chill.
- How do you make me laugh this much? Everyone loves to have fun! Though he throws the lamest jokes, laugh your heart out!
- What makes you happy, what makes you smile? Showing genuine interest to make him happy is more than enough.
- Which would you prefer- naughty or nice? Adjust accordingly. Either play the hard-to-get, conservative, good girl game, or the bad-ass, wild, and go-getter babe.
- Have you ever played the game: 7 minutes in heaven? It’s never too late, flickers the curiosity and excitement.
- What’s your idea of a perfect day? Hold that thought and cherish it together.
- What are the childish things you do until now? Don’t judge, find them cute instead.
Flirting is the best way to bring your crush and you one step closer to being a real couple.
- How long have you been working out? A feel-good statement that makes him feel you’re turned on with his sexy bod.
- Where did you get those good looks? Who wouldn’t blush? A smart way to boost morale.
- Is anyone gonna get mad if I ask you out/buy you a drink? Real sleek. Use this to get your crush to go out on a date with you.
- How come you’re still single? Smooth and flattering at the same time. Not asking directly, but at least you’ll know if he’s available.
- Are you a good kisser? Always pay a nice compliment or you can offer him free tutorial!
- Do you like cuddles or would you rather go straight to making out? Gauge if he likes to take it fast or slow.
- Is that your cologne I’m smelling? Get close to your crush’s neck and sniff a bit before asking. This will make him feel you’re ready to go intimate.
- What do I need to do to make you like me? Straight forward, direct answer to what it takes to win him over.
- Why can’t I stop staring at you? It’s a question you throw in but only you can answer. Another sweet talk that makes the heart melt.
- What turns you on/you find irresistible? A sure-fire way to his soft spot.
Questions that stimulate your creativity and challenge you to use your critical thinking skills. Find out if the two of you are philosophically alike with these deep questions.
- If you’ll only have a month to live, how would you spend it? Don’t deliver it bluntly. It allows you to see through what matters most.
- How do you see yourself 10 years from now? Long-term goals that give you an idea of how to be a part of it in the future.
- What was the best and worst part of your life? Learn from mistakes, celebrate the wins.
- Who is that one person you look up to the most? Respect and appreciate, that’s the basic rule.
- What’s the possession you value the most? Tangible or not, you’ll get to know how a big deal this is to your crush.
- What’s the most significant thing that has ever happened to you? Embrace the significance.
- How do you picture a perfect life? A deep understanding of how you can plan to make things possible together.
- Would you choose money over happiness? Shells out his stand in life. It’s up to you if you’ll push or back out.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Something a bit cheesy — works best if used at the right moment.
- What are your thoughts about marriage? Not everyone wants to get hitched. Know the boundaries and how to deal with it.
Funny topics are the best kind of conversation starters and continuers. Random questions that your crush won’t see it from a mile away.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve heard people say about you? It could be a wild comment or anything, just laugh together.
- What’s your most embarrassing experience? Share yours too to make him open up and trust you with his worst moments.
- What’s the lamest joke you’ve ever thrown? Still, laughter is the key. Feels great to know you recognize the effort.
- What would you do if you win a million dollars? Sync your ideas to his, imagine how you much fun it would be to spend it together.
- If there’s one food you’re only allowed to eat in your entire life, what would it be? Just a random question you can tack on while thinking of your next question.
- What kind of superpower would you like to have? Get a visual of how far his imagination can get.
- What’s the wildest thing that you’ve done? A glimpse of his wild side eases the transition from the friend zone to the next level.
- How far will you go if you’re playing a game of truth or dare? A good nudge to make your crush go beyond his limits.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Know how to avoid the hot seat.
- What part of your body do you find the funniest? You don’t want to make him feel embarrassed, you want to make him feel comfortable instead.
Did you find anything helpful from this list?
Remember, this is just a guide. Perfect timing is a must when you raise these questions. Make a pattern on how to ask them, back it up with some smart, relevant chit-chat. Smile, let it flow. And yeah, stop shaking!
Articles related to Questions and Dating
- A Guide to The Perfect Picnic Date
- Rainy Day Date: 5 Ideas + Benefits
- 8 Late Night Date Ideas
- 55 First Date Night Ideas