Going out for date on Valentine’s Day can be a frustrating experience. Be ready for overpriced food and gifts. Let’s not forget the packed and noisy environment.
Going out for a date on Valentine’s Day can be a frustrating experience.
So why not do something fun at home instead? After all, Valentine’s Day is all about spending quality time with your partner. If you’re not sure about what to do at home, we have compiled a list of cute and fun activities for you and your partner to do on this year’s Valentine’s Day.
Fun Valentine’s Day Stay-at-Home Activities
- Netflix n’ Chill. Celebrate the V-day with love and passion. Start with a movie both of you enjoy then let the night go naturally.
- Play computer games. The go-to V-day date for geek couples.
- Make delicious dinner. Prepare ingredients then cook together. Try out the new steak recipe you found online. Pair it with your favorite wine.
- Bake something. Cake, cookies, bread — anything that makes use of the oven. Don’t worry if it fails, it will make great memories either way. (Read: Easy baking recipes for beginners).
- Just cuddle and talk. My favorite time is when I spend time with you.
- Look at old photos.
- Plan a future trip. Research and plan a future trip. Visit a city nearby or travel abroad. Check out destinations to visit and have them bookmarked or recorded in your spreadsheet.
- Play board or card games. There are many games designed for two people. You won’t be playing Monopoly or Catan unless if you get another couple to join, but games likes chess and checkers are great for couples to play.
- Take a relaxing bubble bath. Requirement: a big-enough bathtub. Don’t be afraid to squeeze in, unless you know for sure that both of you won’t fit. In that case, try taking a shower together instead.
- Dye your hair. Try out the hair color you have always wanted. Try it on your partner’s hair too if he’s willing. Otherwise just get him to help you out. Helping your partner to dye her hair is an interesting experience, especially if you have never done it before. Here are some tips on how to dye your hair at home.
- Give each other a cute Valentine’s Day gift.
What will you do?
So what do you think? What do you plan to do with your partner this Valentine’s Day? Did this list of activities convince you to have some fun at home instead of going out, or did it convince you to go out instead?
Share with us yours thoughts below. Thanks for reading.